As a member of the Galaxy Alliance on the Star Forge Server, you agree to the Code of Conduct expected of all the Galaxy Alliance members. This applies to all the guilds and members of the Galaxy Alliance, and all levels of membership. These rules may be updated at any time when needed to accommodate new situations and new guilds joining Galaxy Alliance. The leadership and administration have the right to enforce the code of conduct across all the guilds represented by Galaxy Alliance.
All members welcomed to Galaxy Alliance (GA) will be placed on a trial period of at least 2 weeks, before being made a full member of any of the guilds in GA. This is to ensure that all new recruits and the current members get along well, and there are no issues that arise and no concerns that come up. Once the trial period is over, full membership will be granted. The trial period can be extended if deemed necessary. Speak with the guild officers if there is a reason a trial period is being extended.
Membership: Once you are a member of a GA guild, you are agreeing to the rules of the guild you are a member of, and to the CoC of GA as a whole. This meaning you will follow the rules of the individual guild you are a member of, along with the rules of GA. As a member you agree to both.
Respect: * The membership will respect the decisions of the Senior Officer Ranks (within the guild) at all times. The Senior Rank’s orders must be obeyed to maintain order within the guild(s) and during operations (raids). Should the guild leaders decide it important enough to step in, they will have the final say. In this all the leadership within all the guilds of GA are to have an open mind and hear all sides of a story before passing any judgement. * All members will respect other members of all the alliance guilds of Galaxy Alliance. Also within GA we have many other guild friends represented so it is very important to be respectful to any and everyone. After all you are wearing the guild tags of GA, and you are a representative of the guilds and all the members. * Cooperation between all the guilds is a must. Indeed we are all under different guild tags but we are all a member of GA, and therefore all one large community. Do not discriminate against members of another alliance guild simply because they have on a different tag. * Do not take all things seriously. There will be times that there is some joking around and some foolishness. Do not take anything that anyone says to your character IC seriously. IC (In Character) is IC only, and do not take it to OOC (Out of Character).
* If you are being harassed by another person within GA, please take screen shots and notify a leader of the guild you are in immediately of the harassment. The screen shots must not be tampered with in any way. As all the guild leaders communicate with one another, please allow the leader of the guild you are in communicate the information and handle the situation.
* Sexual Harassment is not to be tolerated in any form or manner. If you feel you are being sexually harassed, take screen shots and contact a guild leader of the situation as soon as possible. Sexual harassment of any kind is grounds for immediate removal from the guild, and could also be reported to Bioware.
* If you have a complaint, take it first to that player and if you feel it is serious enough, take it to the leadership. All members are expected to treat their fellow Community members with respect and dignity at all times. No harassing, belittling, stalking or any other behavior that disrupts Community’s continuity will be allowed. Petty arguments and disagreements in public chat/guild chat/voice chat will not be tolerated, take it to PM's or message a guild leader privately to discuss any concerns on other members. It is also good to take screen shots to support rude or ill behavior.
* Grouping with fellow Members is always encouraged - however, do not neglect soloing as a way to better learn how to play the game. It is also suggested to solo as much as you can with your character, as you also better know your toon and your limitations and push yourself to do better.
* Be helpful to others within GA. There will be times that people need help with a quest or looking for some to fill in spots for a FP or Operation. Odds are you were there at some point in time, or will be sometime in the future on an alternate character, and the favor now will be re-paid to you later.
PvP & Dueling:
* If you challenge someone to a fair PVP duel and lose, do not expect others to swarm your opponent for your revenge. Fight and die with honor, please.
* No one likes a bragger, if you win against someone else, especially in GA, there is no need to brag about it to everyone how you beat them. Namely if it was very one sided. Some people are better than others at PvP. But it can easily hurt someones feelings if you brag about how bad they were or how much you beat them. Try using constructive critique and aid them on their gear, skill rotation, and so on.
* Be respectful when world PvP, as the person you may be or end up being a member of GA at some point.
Emoting and Dice rolling:
* When emoting and dueling, allow time for the other person to read and respond to your emote. There are times where the chat can get very cluttered and they may not have seen your emote, or you may not have seen their response.
* Use open ended emotes when emote dueling, allowing for the other person to counter you. Then allow the dice to decide the result.
* Some people do not PvP, and do not Duel and do prefer to roll dice and emote duel instead. Be fair and play nice.
* There are many guilds represented in GA and some (if not all) are family friendly, and at times there will be minors in the chats. Keep all the public RP as PG, Period.
* GA and the guilds that make it up are all role play guilds on a RP (Roleplay) server. Please keep this in mind when you are walking around the planets, and do not troll or disturb others that are Roleplaying.
* If you are new to Roleplay, please ask for help if you are not sure what to do. Most of the members here are experienced roleplayers and will gladly assist you in learning or helping you get started.
* IC actions have IC consequences. If your character does something in character that is considered wrong or improper, they can and will be punished IC'ly also.
* RP Jail and holding cell time is up to the player. Once again goes back to the IC actions. Plan ahead of time what you want to do, get some others involved and make a plan.
* If you have put your character in a position where they are "Stuck" or where you cannot do anything on them. Please notify a leader or officer so they can attempt to aid you in getting you character back into action.
* Your character should IC fit within the guild they are a member of. Once you have become a member of a guild within GA you are agreeing to the IC requirements of the guild you joined. Each guild has their own requirements and standards, so fitting in one guild does not mean you will fit in all of the guilds within GA.
* God Moding is not allowed in GA. God modding is the act of making your toon know everything, and be invulnerable, but also not allowing others to counter you. If you need more examples of this, please ask an officer of the guild. God Moding
* Meta Gaming is not allowed in GA. This is the use of OOC information that your character would not know, and using it In character. Meta-Gaming
* If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You can always contact an Officer if you need to make comments, voice concerns, and make suggestions.
Remember, you represent The Galaxy Alliance Roleplay Community out there and not just yourself. We will not have the community name tarnished in any way by any guild member. Any and all guild parties would then be subject to disciplinary action.
First Offense - Verbal warnings privately in tells, complaints about disciplinary action will be reviewed by officers; however, whining and rudeness will result in an immediate second strike.
Second Offense- Another verbal and final warning, in a group discussion with more than one officer. It does not need to be an officer from the same guild.
Third Offense- Immediate guild removal.
Each strike will be cleared upon at the tribunal's discretion, usually if no other offenses occur within the month, the first strike will be cleared. All disciplinary actions will be under discretion of the leadership.
** The Code of Conduct was written and agreed upon by all the leadership within the guilds of Galaxy Alliance.