As a member of the Galaxy Alliance on the Ebon Hawk Server, you agree to
the Code of Conduct expected of all the Galaxy Alliance members. This
applies to all the guilds and members of the Galaxy Alliance, and all
levels of membership. These rules may be updated at any time when needed
to accommodate new situations and new guilds joining Galaxy Alliance.
The leadership and administration have the right to enforce the code of
conduct across all the guilds represented by Galaxy Alliance.
All members welcomed to Galaxy Alliance (GA) will be placed on a trial
period of at least 2 weeks, before being made a full member of any of the guilds
in GA. This is to ensure that all new recruits and the current members
get along well, and there are no issues that arise and no concerns that
come up. Once the trial period is over, full membership will be granted.
The trial period can be extended if deemed necessary. Speak with the
guild officers if there is a reason a trial period is being extended.
Once you are a member of a GA guild, you are agreeing to the rules of
the guild you are a member of, and to the CoC of GA as a whole. This
meaning you will follow the rules of the individual guild you are a
member of, along with the rules of GA. As a member you agree to both.
* The membership will respect the decisions of the Senior Officer Ranks
(within the guild) at all times. The Senior Rank’s orders must be obeyed
to maintain order within the guild(s) and during operations (raids).
Should the guild leaders decide it important enough to step in, they
will have the final say. In this all the leadership within all the
guilds of GA are to have an open mind and hear all sides of a story
before passing any judgement.
* All members will respect other members of all the alliance guilds of
Galaxy Alliance. Also within GA we have many other guild friends
represented so it is very important to be respectful to any and
everyone. After all you are wearing the guild tags of GA, and you are a
representative of the guilds and all the members.
* Cooperation between all the guilds is a must. Indeed we are all under
different guild tags but we are all a member of GA, and therefore all
one large community. Do not discriminate against members of another
alliance guild simply because they have on a different tag.
* Do not take all things seriously. There will be times that there is
some joking around and some foolishness. Do not take anything that
anyone says to your character IC seriously. IC (In Character) is IC
only, and do not take it to OOC (Out of Character).
* If you are being harassed by another person within GA, please take
screen shots and notify a leader of the guild you are in immediately of
the harassment. The screen shots must not be tampered with in any way.
As all the guild leaders communicate with one another, please allow the
leader of the guild you are in communicate the information and handle
* Sexual Harassment is not to be tolerated in any form or manner. If
you feel you are being sexually harassed, take screen shots and contact a
guild leader of the situation as soon as possible. Sexual harassment
of any kind is grounds for immediate removal from the guild, and could
also be reported to Bioware.
* If you have a complaint, take it first to that player and if you feel
it is serious enough, take it to the leadership. All members are
expected to treat their fellow Community members with respect and
dignity at all times. No harassing, belittling, stalking or any other
behavior that disrupts Community’s continuity will be allowed. Petty
arguments and disagreements in public chat/guild chat/voice chat will
not be tolerated, take it to PM's or message a guild leader privately to
discuss any concerns on other members. It is also good to take screen
shots to support rude or ill behavior.
* Grouping with fellow Members is always encouraged - however, do not
neglect soloing as a way to better learn how to play the game. It is
also suggested to solo as much as you can with your character, as you
also better know your toon and your limitations and push yourself to do
* Be helpful to others within GA. There will be times that people need
help with a quest or looking for some to fill in spots for a FP or
Operation. Odds are you were there at some point in time, or will be
sometime in the future on an alternate character, and the favor now will be re-paid to
* If you challenge someone to a fair PVP duel and lose, do not expect
others to swarm your opponent for your revenge. Fight and die with
* No one likes a bragger, if you win against someone else, especially
in GA, there is no need to brag about it to everyone how you beat them.
Namely if it was very one sided. Some people are better than others at
PvP. But it can easily hurt someones feelings if you brag about how bad
they were or how much you beat them. Try using constructive critique and
aid them on their gear, skill rotation, and so on.
* Be respectful when world PvP, as the person you may be or end up being a member of GA at some point.
* When emoting and dueling, allow time for the other person to read and
respond to your emote. There are times where the chat can get very
cluttered and they may not have seen your emote, or you may not have
seen their response.
* Use open ended emotes when emote dueling, allowing for the other
person to counter you. Then allow the dice to decide the result.
* Some people do not PvP, and do not Duel and do prefer to roll dice and emote duel instead. Be fair and play nice.
* There are many guilds represented in GA and some (if not all) are family friendly, and at times there will be minors in the chats. Keep all the public RP as PG, Period.
* GA and the guilds that make it up are all role play guilds on a RP
(Roleplay) server. Please keep this in mind when you are walking around
the planets, and do not troll or disturb others that are Roleplaying.
* If you are new to Roleplay, please ask for help if you are not sure
what to do. Most of the members here are experienced roleplayers and
will gladly assist you in learning or helping you get started.
* IC actions have IC consequences. If your character does something in
character that is considered wrong or improper, they can and will be
punished IC'ly also.
* RP Jail and holding cell time is up to the player. Once again goes
back to the IC actions. Plan ahead of time what you want to do, get some
others involved and make a plan.
* If you have put your character in a position where they are "Stuck" or
where you cannot do anything on them. Please notify a leader or
officer so they can attempt to aid you in getting you character back
* Your character should IC fit within the guild they are a member of.
Once you have become a member of a guild within GA you are agreeing to
the IC requirements of the guild you joined. Each guild has their own
requirements and standards, so fitting in one guild does not mean you
will fit in all of the guilds within GA.
* God Moding is not allowed in GA. God modding is the act of making
your toon know everything, and be invulnerable, but also not allowing
others to counter you. If you need more examples of this, please ask an
officer of the guild. God Moding
* Meta Gaming is not allowed in GA. This is the use of OOC information
that your character would not know, and using it In character. Meta-Gaming
Remember, you represent The Galaxy Alliance Roleplay Community out there
and not just yourself. We will not have the community name tarnished in
any way by any guild member. Any and all guild parties would then be
subject to disciplinary action.
First Offense - Verbal warnings privately in tells, complaints about
disciplinary action will be reviewed by officers; however, whining and
rudeness will result in an immediate second strike.
Second Offense- Another verbal and final warning, in a group discussion with more than one officer. It does not need to be an officer from the same guild.
Third Offense- Immediate guild removal.
Each strike will be cleared upon at the tribunal's discretion, usually
if no other offenses occur within the month, the first strike will be
cleared. All disciplinary actions will be under discretion of the
** The Code of Conduct was written and agreed upon by all the leadership within the guilds of Galaxy Alliance.